Why You Have Bad Breath
You are embarrassed to even talk to people. Why? You have bad breath! Unfortunately you just can’t figure out why you have bad breath. Let us help you figure it out!
5 Causes of Bad Breath
1. Food- If we fail to thoroughly clean our teeth after meals, it can cause bad breath. How? When food particles are left in our mouth, they can cause bacteria which leads to smelly breath.
2. Gum Disease- Gum disease stems from an overgrowth of bacteria in the mouth. As a result, you may notice a foul taste or a bad smell if you have this disease. In that case, do not hesitate to visit your dentist and form a treatment plan to better the health of your gums.
3. Dry Mouth- We just learned the effects of food causing bacteria in the mouth. Saliva helps to wash away food particles but if we have dry mouth, this aid is depleted. According to Dental Associates, reasons for dry mouth can include “salivary gland issues, certain medications, or repeated breathing through your mouth.”
4. Smoking and Tobacco- Without a doubt, smoking or tobacco use can harm one’s health, stain teeth, and can also cause foul breath. Quitting such habits will only benefit you!
5. Medical Conditions- We also learn from Dental Associates that “sinus and lung infections or kidney and liver disease can cause bad breath.”
Don’t Neglect Your Dental Health!
Our dental health is very important and if cared for, can help prevent many issues. Brushing twice daily, flossing once daily, and visiting your dentist every 6 months will absolutely improve you oral health! Make your next appointment at Oceanside Dental and Orthodontics!